Saturday, April 30, 2011

Catching Up

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been keeping up with this lately.  There's good reason.  I have been busier that a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.  Earlier this month I received word that I was needed to do the regular monthly Shakespeare Ghost Town tours.  So looks as iffn I'll be heading to Lordsburg once a month for at least this summer. 
Easter Week end was the first Living History week end at Shakespeare.  Had over 125 folks come visit and take the tour.  This marked the opening of the dance studio for the first time.  Kay Shannon conducted that part of the tour, with yours truly leading the folks the rest of the way. 
This after noon sees the premier of issue 5 of "Hell Paso: The Dallas Stoudenmire Story" from Jimmy Daze Comics.  Jimmy Portillo and his crew will be on hand at the El Paso Museum of History to talk about the series, and to autograph copies of the comics.
Also this week, the first two video clips for Old West El Paso Video were posted on You Tube.  They are rough, but hey, it's the first editing I have done since 1979.  There are more to follow as I collect footage and find time to edit and post the clips.  I am shooting at 5 minute clips, covering events and places connected to El Paso and Old West History.   Hopefully sometime this week I will be able to add the video page to the website.

So for now, you all take care, may God bless, and keep your powder dry....
Between two trips to Shakespeare, and school, I have to admit I am one pooped Lil Cowboy. 

No comments: