Monday, July 14, 2008

Yet Another Week

They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. If that's the truth I should make Popeye look like an amenic weakling. The old faithful blue pick'em up decided to fry a starter Thursday, so any plans I had for the week end were trashed.

Heidi and I DID make it to see Viva El Paso Saturday night. Yeah they play fast and loose with the history, but overall it was a well put together show, and worth the trip.

The El Paso County Hiscotirc Commission is on hiatus this month, so no meeting to report on this week. Next meeting should be September.

A bunch of folks in town depart Tuesday for Tulsa, OK for the Round Up of the Wild West Historical Association, the result of the merging of Nola and Wola. From what I've seen of the progran for this week, it ought to be a hell of a convention. Paul Cool has a break out session of John B. Tays. I'd kill to be able to sit in on that one. When folks get back, I'll pass on the comments they had.

Speaking of Comments and what the little birdies say, July 27th was the scheduled Dedication of the Concordia Cemetery State Historical Marker. I wasn't able to attend, but from what I heard, A lot of praises were sung for the Probationers and their good work, but nothing on the official agenda about the dedication. If this is true, my question is; "What Gives?" Anyone out there who attended and heard differnt, plus send in your comments.

Another gripe I am looking into. Heard a snipet on Leon Metz's show Saturday morning that the city is talking about shutting down the Museum of History because of buget restraints.
IF true, My question to Hiz Honor and Joyce the 1st is:
1: If we can't afford a museum of history, despite the bond money raise to build it, How can we afford the attorney fees to fight the reopening of ASARCO?
2: If we cant afford to keep the Museum of History open, How can the city afford to build a new Puzzle Palace? If the one atop MCGinty Hill isn't big enough, clear out the deadwood in city Hall. How many secretaries or aids do the Mayor and the Reps actually need?

on well thats for another blog.... when I officially begin my bid for Mayor.

Once I get settled in tonight, I'm going to go over the budget and see where this all is coming from. Once I get a good grip on the details I will post them here.

For anyone that went down town Thursday, I apologize for not being there. With the truck starter going up in smoke, was stuck out in the North East trying to figure out how to get home

No comments: